Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trust and deception and stuff

I've been wanting for quite a while to visit my mother and sister in Florida. My mom is 88 --- I don't know how many more times I'll see her, so it's important.

My husband doesn't let me go anywhere without him except the bathroom. He even has to accompany me to the post office. And I don't want him to accompany me to Florida, so of course, the subject is horrific beyond discussion.

My sister has offered to pay half my way there. That means that if I sell my last diamonds, I ought to be able to make the money to go myself. No hit on the family funds, just me and my time. I'm prepared to insist.

I'm sitting here on this secret. Haven't had the nerve to tell him about it yet.

I also need to be prepared for some serious emotional baggage handed to me by my lifemate. It's going to be rough, and he's going to make sure I pay and pay.

It's worth it, though. I can't wait to see my family again!

No comments: